Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Los Alamos or Bust....by way of Taos!

We leave Colorado Springs planning to visit our friends the O'Learys in Los Alamos.  Greg is now feeling sick on the ride so I drive most of the way (I haven't really driven the entire trip).  We make it as far as Taos and Greg is not doing well, so we get a hotel and drop him off and the kids and I hit the pool then go exploring.

We have a great dinner and enjoy checking out the square.  In the night Katie gets sick and in the morning Kelly joins her.  Charlie and I hit the toy store and wait for everyone to check out of the hotel..The girls are so sick we can't go anywhere.  We luckily get to spend the day & night in the O'Leary's incredible vacation home which really is amazing.  (it turns out it was across the street from the hotel we went to last night!).


We rest & take Charlie to the amazing toystore that has a big backyard play area where he spends a few hours in the afternoon.  The girls come see it right before closing but they still aren't feeling full of energy.  We eat plain pasta & go to bed early hoping everyone will be back to full strength in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Hello crazy Hughes family!!!

    So happy to see all these nice pictures. Thank you!! You look gorgeous!! The girls are so big now! I remember of a little Katie totally in love with elephant and Kelly a very proud big sister, when I spent this so perfect american summer with you. They may have changed a lot:) and little Charlie... he is so cute!

    It is so funny that you traveled in Colorado springs because guess what?? I will finish my studies there next fall, at the Colorado School of Mines, in Golden, close to Denver. You remember my dream, Elaine, of becoming an american student?:) It's coming true!!!!
    Are you still in Wakefield? I will be in the USA from 15 August till 5 January. Hope we will have a chance to see each other. I will send you a longer mail on facebook, I am not sure if you have the same mail adress.

    Bisous à toute la famille!!

    see you soon I hope!!

    Have a good end of trip!

    Amélie

    ReplyDelete